Jana Kramer Makes Her Country Music Debut

She may have a full time gig as Alex on the CW's One Tree Hill but Jana Kramer has musical aspirations.

And fans of the CW show got their first taste of her burgeoning country music career on Tuesday's episode when the 27-year-old actress debuted her first single, "I Won't Give Up," after signing a deal with Warner Music Nashville.

"'I Won't Give Up' is about never giving up on the ones you love," Kramer tells local news site Examiner.com.

Kramer, who split from Johnathon Schaech in Aug. 2010 after just one month of marriage, says her music is all about celebrating her independence and finding her own voice.

"I wrote this song because I know what it's like to be dependent on someone," she says, "then have to learn to stand on my own again."
Source: