Teen gets 5 years in prison for McDonald’s attack

Teen gets 5 years in prison for McDonald’s attack
Teen gets 5 years in prison for McDonald’s attack, As anticipated, 19-year-old Teonna Monae Brown will serve five years in prison for her role in the hate crime assault against trans woman Chrissy Polis, 22, in a Baltimore McDonalds, according to The Baltimore Sun.
Brown was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years with five suspended (and three years supervised probation) after pleading guilty to first-degree assault and a hate crime last month. She faced a combined maximum sentence of 35 years.

Polis was not present for sentencing, but expressed the ongoing effect of the attack on her life in her victim impact statement (via WBALTV):
“While being beaten, I felt like I was going to die that day. I was kicked in the chest, crotch and head. Chunks of my hair were pulled out. They were all over me, and I couldn’t get them to stop.”
Polis said she felt her identity was taken away.
“My private life has been exposed to the world. I lost my job. I can’t go anywhere without the fear of getting hurt again. I want to go into a hole and hide. I do not forgive them for what they did to me,” she said
The 14-year-old co-defendent is currently being held in a juvenile facility and may be there until she turns 21.